Spring is here – time to party! And what’s a party without killer apps? These super creamy, flavourful, and cheesy tortilla roll ups are insanely easy to prepare and ALWAYS a hit at the potluck table. They may very well be THE BEST party appetizer, meeting all perfect party food criteria:
- No muss, no fuss
- Totally affordable without looking “cheap”
- Can be prepped the day before
- Easily prepared from scratch when having only 20 minutes to spare (For those morning when you quickly check Pinterest and then 3 hours magically disappear.)
- Effortlessly eaten with one hand, while cheers’ing the death of snow with the other
- Loaded with flavor
- Guest will rave and beg you for your recipe – it’s yours to share or to keep secret. Choose wisely, this could be your in to all of the hot events this summer. I can hear the party planners now, “I know it’s A-List Only but you have to invite the one that makes the killer Mexicana Roll Ups, they’re amazing!” 🙂
Sure, you can have your guests raving about your creative culinary genius OR you can share your secret ingredient: the *NEW* Kraft Creamy Mexicana Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia. The shredded blend of mozza, Monterey Jack and cheddar makes preparing this appetizer exceptionally easy, but it’s really the touch of creaminess in the melted cheese that deserves all of the praise here. This is a whole new level of satisfying melted cheese creaminess here, people. We’re elevating the bliss of melted cheese to great new heights – and then blending it with refreshing jalapeno, chewy tortilla, and even more cream cheese. So good!
- 1 lb Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 1/4 cup Kraft Creamy Mexicana Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia, divided
- 1 large jalapeno pepper or the equivalent pickled slices, minced (don’t forget to wash your hands after cutting!)
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 large tortilla shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium size bowl, blend cream cheese, 1 cup of Kraft Creamy Mexicana Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia and minced jalapeno until smooth.
- Spread ¼ of the cream cheese mixture over each of the 4 tortilla shells evenly; sprinkle with paprika.
- Starting at one end of the tortilla, tightly roll each into a tube shape. Use a firm hand when rolling without forcing the cheese mixture outside of the edges.
- Using a sharp knife gently cut each rolled tortilla tube vertically into 1” thick slices.
- Place each bite-sized roll up face up on a large non-stick baking sheet. Sprinkle a little remaining shredded cheese on each piece and bake for 12 minutes, or until cheese is golden and starting to bubble slightly.
- Serve warm on their own or over a bed of lettuce, sprinkled with cilantro and diced green onion, and a sour cream & salsa dip.
Kraft Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia also comes in Creamy Mozza and Creamy Herb & Garlic so why not try an Italian spin on this awesome appetizer too. Be creative with your memorable melts! Visit the Kraft Canada website for more inspiration on reaching that melted cheese bliss.
Want to share your yummy Kraft Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia creations? Come to the @KraftCanada What’s Cooking Twitter party on April 16, 2014 at 9:00pm. Be sure to share using the hashtag #TouchofPhillyCheese!
Although this post has been generously sponsored by Kraft Canada, the opinions and language are all my own, and in no way do they reflect Kraft Canada.
— xxxxx —
What I’m Drinking:
A deliciously crisp Riesling would wash these cheesy bundles down nicely on a sunny afternoon. Then gain, Cabernet Sauvignon and cheddar do have a long history in palette pleasure. Both?!
What I’m Listening to:
Party season requires party playlists and I think the upcoming release from Tune Yards, Nikki Nack, may play a big part in mine. This is eat, drink & be merry music. Enjoy! xo
Add to favorites