The dilemma: You’re hosting a holiday get-together and after the 6 bottles of Pinot and necessary bottle of Bailey’s was purchased you realize that you should probably feed your guests as well. Unfortunately, your bank balance is shrinking… fast.
The solution: You spend less than $10 and make a BIG impact with a spread of Baked Brie with Red Pepper Jelly and baguette toasts.
Baked Brie with Red Pepper Jelly
Makes enough to feed 6 to 8 as an appetizer
Adapted from President’s Choice Holiday Report 2010
- 1 small wheel Double Cream Brie
- ¼ cup Hot Red Pepper Jelly
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp packed dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- With sharp knife, score top of Brie in criss-cross pattern cutting just through the rind. Do not cut through the edge. Place in small casserole dish or a glass pie plate (something oven-safe that will look decent to serve in). Spoon jelly over top all the way to edge. Sprinkle with pecans, then brown sugar.
- Bake in centre of oven for 20 minutes. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve with sliced baguette or crackers and a cheese knife or spoon to grab the delicious gooey, melted brie with.