Our little suburb of the world offered the perfect weather to celebrate National Ice Cream Day. It was an extra hot and very humid afternoon this July 19th so the girls and I recruited Grandma’s help in celebrating with a big cup of our very own ‘instant ice cream’. This is a fun trick that really does works – at least to the standards of two toddlers on a sunny day.
Kid-Powered Ice Cream
Makes about 1 and a 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- large and small ziplock bags
- Mix the milk, sugar and vanilla. Pour into a sandwich size ziplock bag and seal tightly.
- Put two cups of ice cubes and 6 tbsp salt in the large ziplock bag.
- Place the small bag inside the large one and seal. Shake for about 10 minutes. Feel free to dance here.
- Remove the small bag and rinse the outside with cold water to remove the salt. Empty into bowl and serve.